Having performed over 2000 valuations across a range of traditional as well as several new-age industries, Aranca’s valuation professionals have developed deep multi-sector experience. We have valued privately-held companies across various stages of development in diverse sectors such as Web 2.0, Social Media, E-Commerce, Biotechnology, Semi conductors and Alternate Energy among others.
We understand that the business dynamics of each industry are different. Our valuation approach focuses on capturing those and blend sound valuation fundamentals to build defensible models. In fact, we know that the traditional Income and Market based methodologies may not suit the appraisal requirements of new age, technology driven businesses. Hence, by constantly tracking the developments in such industries enable us to evolve our methodologies and capture their values appropriately. For instance, our valuation specialists know how a successful preclinical trial affects valuation of a Biotech Company and how unique users growth drives value of a social media venture.
We strive to ensure that our valuations reports not just stand the scrutiny of the auditors, IRS and other stakeholders; but also provide clear insights into the industry value chain, metrics, key growth drivers and other dynamics.
Aranca's Valuation Experience across Industries (Indicative List)
- Bio Fuels
- Medical Device
- Drug Delivery
- Social Media
- Online Advertising
- Ad-Network optimization
- Computer Hardware
- Electronic Office equipments
- Cloud Computing
- Telecom and Network equipments
- Security Solutions
- BI and BA (Business Intelligence and Business Analytics)
- Micro components
- Electronic and Electrical equipment
- General Industrial
- Industrial support services
- General retailers
- Restaurants and Bars
- Travel and tourism
- Automobile and parts
- Household goods
- Personal goods
- Food and Beverages
- Equity/Non-Equity Investment instruments
- Financial services
Complex Capital Structures
Valuating a wide range of privately-held companies that are just few months old to firms looking to go for an IPO or an M&A deal requires an in-depth understanding valuation principles in addition to deep knowledge of various industry sectors. Aranca’s valuation professionals have a reputation for producing top quality valuation appraisals for any type of firm immaterial of its stage of development and the sector it belongs to.
We understand that different challenges apply in valuing companies in different stages of development. For instance, an early stage company may struggle to provide a forecast with reasonable visibility, while a late-stage company would most likely have several classes of shareholders outstanding with some derivative and complex instruments thrown in. Many companies operate in niche segments and therefore finding suitable public companies for comparable multiples is a challenge.
With over 2000 valuations under its belt Aranca’s valuation professionals are well versed with valuing companies in different stages of development, having diverse complex capital structures, and different forms of incorporations.
Having valued companies across the depth and breadth of different industries and stages of development and interacted with industry veterans and auditors, Aranca’s best practices based business valuations are defensible, independent and audit-ready.
ASA Certified Appraisers
At Aranca, we understand the importance of professional qualification and expertise of a business appraiser because we are committed to provide defensible valuation opinions to our clients. Aranca's valuation practice team comprises a highly seasoned team of professionals with ASA, CPA, CFA and CA credentials. They have years of experience in corporate finance, valuation and transactions advisory. All of them have undergone rigorous education and training, and are conversant with business valuation methodologies, AICPA and USPAP guidelines.
- A company developing ultra-thin crystalline solar cell technology
- An independent developer and owner of wind energy projects.
- A solar gasification-based renewable fuels company, focused on converting syngas created from biomass into gasoline, diesel, and aviation fuels.
- A firm engaged in manufacture and servicing solution for networked charging stations for drivers, municipalities, electric utilities, office buildings, parking garages and government entities. It is one of the top 100 private companies in clean technology and was named one of the best 50 innovators according to Time.
- A company developing semiconductor chips that convert heat directly into electricity, named best venture at a leading Innovation Technology Forum.
- A contract research organization catering to life sciences industries; specifically one-stop integrated “Gene to Screen” services such as molecular biology, protein sciences, scale-up bioprocesses and assay services.
- A contract research organization providing DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, phage sequencing, plasmid DNA preparation and genomic services to scientists worldwide.
- A biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of drugs targeting cancer and radiation injury.
- A biomedical systems company that offers personalized information systems enabling patients to monitor stimulated levels of targeted analytes throughout the course of treatment.
- Firm manufacturing implantable products for surgical homeostasis and postoperative pain in orthopedic and spine surgeries.
- An enterprise developing a platform of endoscopically implantable devices for the treatment of metabolic diseases, including obesity.
- A business entity engaged in real-time non-invasive molecular detection.
- A company providing services for conducting Phase I–IV clinical trial research for pharmaceutical and contract research organizations.
- A Company with a novel, proprietary nanotechnology platform with wide application to develop safer and more effective cancer treatments.
- A clinical trial software and professional services firm catering pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- An enterprise with delivery technology to variety of industries, including human & animal nutrition and health, and agriculture.
- A content discovery business based on a website that provides information on books as well as enable users to find books of the same genre and learn more about what other readers are reading.
- A company providing custom social media solutions and strategies including professional turnkey blog solutions, design, technical support, editing, hosting and training for blog writing.
- An online textbook rental service to college students, one of the top 100 startups in Silicon Valley.
- A Company offering social looping platform for tweens that enables users aged under 13 to participate in collaborative learning and school projects, share information, play games, and communicate in real time with friends in their loop.
- A Company providing an online marketplace for shipping and moving.
- A research based website that enables shoppers to search products for price and availability in different area.
- A mobile social game developer and publisher focusing on the mobile platform.
- An ad analytics and traffic quality solutions provider for the online advertising community.
- A firm providing media optimization services to various ad networks and publishers to enable content targeting on various mobile devices.
- An advertising network company that provides ownership targeting services.
- A Company offering integrated online marketing services for the Fortune 5,000,000 companies.
- A firm manufacturing online advertising tools that use internally developed software to connect advertising networks with companies that have available space for advertising.
- A Company offering technology that uses relationship data from the social web to enhance online advertisement targeting.
- A Company that delivers the online equivalent of ad serving technology and functionality to the mobile and new media markets.
- A company providing solutions in virtualization for high-performance computing through Symmetric Multi-Processor (SMP) architecture, which allows multiple CPUs in a networking environment to share an operating system.
Electronic Office equipments
- An audio engineering solutions provider offering integrated systems-comprehensive solutions that encompass transducer design, signal processing, power amplification, and electroacoustic measurement systems.
- A cloud hosting and managed server provider that offers managed hosting, scalable network resources, cloud computing services and content distribution on its global IP network.
Telecom and Network equipments
- A firm engaged in designing, manufacturing and supporting ethernet switching products and related software, winner of 'Best of Interop' award by InformationWeek Analytics and Interop.
- A software solution provider for the insurance and financial services market related to form processing, quotes and illustrations development, agency management, content distribution, and policy delivery and servicing, winner of the Pennsylvania Lead 411 Hot Company Award.
- A data management software developer that offers access to distributed and disparate information sources on a real-time basis.
- An enterprise risk management software developer for law firms, in the Inc. 500 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
- The company provides multi-tenant SaaS-based email and web security solutions, named in the top 10 start-ups by Network World.
- An online fraud detection and intervention solutions provider, chosen by AlwaysOn as one of the “OnDemand Top 100 winners”.
- A provider of application data security and compliance services, winner of the InfoSec Web Application Security product award.
BI and BA (Business Intelligence and Business Analytics)
- A pre-packaged software provider for advanced decision support applications for global enterprises.
- A company providing web service, connected to publishers’ websites, which provide visitors with search results, recommendations and ads based on media consumption and ad response patterns of previous visitors.
- An integrated suite software provider designed specifically for virtual schools.
- A business intelligence company that provides retailers and manufacturers the pricing strategy of their competitors.
- A company providing platform-based communication-centric Electronic System Level (ESL) synthesis tools in the field of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) for integrated circuits (ICs) and systems.
- A manufacturer of double data rate (DDR2 & DDR3) synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM) technology.
- A company designing, developing, and marketing Z-RAM, a memory technology, for stand-alone DRAM applications.
- A company designing, marketing, and selling ARM Cortex–M3-based microcontrollers (MCUs).
- A semiconductor company that offers semiconductors, software and reference designs for consumer electronics devices.
- A leading developer and manufacturer of LED lighting technologies and solution.
- A manufacturer of fiber optic and optical components.
Electronic and Electrical equipment
- A manufacturer and designer of handheld optoelectronic readers used by point-of-care (POC) diagnostic companies.
- An advanced materials company that has created a proprietary family of steel alloys based on nanotechnology.
Industrial support services
- A Company offering thermal management solutions ranging from LED heat dissipation to computer cooling using synthetic jet cooling technology.
- A manufacturer of flow battery systems utilized in various energy storage applications for commercial, residential or industrial usage.
- A multi-channel retailer of leading brands, including work wear apparel, outerwear, footwear, safety gear and accessories.
- A company that provides online and offline content on cleantech, health IT and life sciences industries, through online articles, local blogs, events, conferences and other initiatives.
Restaurants and Bars
- A company operating casual dining restaurants with restaurants in 30 locations in the US and Canada.
Travel and tourism
- A company providing customized and up-to-date travel guides covering more than 30,000 destinations worldwide.
Automobile and parts
- A marketing services provider to automotive dealers and manufacturers.
- A consumer goods company producing portable lights with solar-powered light emitting diodes (LED).
- A company designing, developing and distributing technologically advanced training equipment and swimwear, which are produced through contract manufacturers, for the swimming equipment and apparel industry.
Food and Beverages
- A company offering bottled flavored water in a variety of flavors such as cherry, pineapple, orange, and mango.
Equity/Non-Equity Investment instruments
- An online broking firm offering a platform for individual investors to invest in thematic investment opportunities.
- A financial services technology company providing transparency solutions for the fixed income and derivatives markets.
- A manufacturer of chemicals and treatments that are applied to fabric to make the material water and oil repellant, moisture absorbent, static-free and odor absorptive.
- A manufacturer of tiles for residential and remodeled homes, and commercial purposes.