Fairness Opinions | Valuation & Advisory Services
Aranca provides in-depth analysis and fairness opinions on a wide range of transactions. Working with a wide range of clients including companies, boards of directors and shareholder appointed committees, Aranca has conducted valuations across diverse industry sectors involving complex situations and transaction structures.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Related party or affiliate transactions
- Corporate restructuring
- Management buy-outs and divestitures
- Down-round financing
- Going-private transactions
- Leveraged buy-outs
A fairness opinion provides assurance and an unbiased view on the key parameters of a transaction to the both parties involved. This is especially valuable, in situations of potential conflict of interest between the parties, for instance between a company’s board of directors and its shareholders.
While every business and transaction is unique, we follow a highly disciplined analytical framework structured across following elements:
- Conducting in-depth due financial due diligence on the company to gain a complete understanding of its business and financial aspects as well terms and conditions of the transaction
- Extensive secondary research on industry involving thorough assessment of business and strategic environment for each of the company’s target markets to evaluate all risk and return drivers
- Conducting valuation of the company, and/or its underlying securities, by employing the most appropriate and time-tested valuation methodologies
- Analysis to evaluate other potential alternative transaction structures (on request)
- Delivering a comprehensive, well documented and insightful fairness opinion report that can withstand scrutiny of the highest standards
Aranca’s multi-disciplinary and complementary practice lines in business and IP research, extensive domain experience across industry sectors coupled with our stellar credentials in business valuation uniquely position us as a trusted advisor for providing high quality, independent and cost-effective fairness opinions.