Testing new drugs and therapies on 3D-printed human organs in a lab could reduce the time and costs of getting a new drug to market
Food & Beverages
Write to Us
Aranca has worked with more than 25 companies, universities and research institutions in the food & nutrition domain. We assist IP and R&D managers to identify white spaces, conduct novelty, FTO or invalidation searches, develop / launch / commercialize new products or technologies and keep track of latest developments in this space.
Food technology is a complex subject and encompasses several inter-related fields like microbiology, chemistry, processing techniques, fortification and packaging. With a qualified and experienced team of food technologists, Aranca has deep technical knowledge of this segment and has executed several patent related assignments across technologies including emerging areas like nutraceuticals, dietary fibers, supplements and nutritional genomics.
Food & Beverages technologies covered by our consultants.
Clients, including food ingredients, processing players, and FMCG companies.
Man hours of research experience.
Significant breadth and depth of experience across the Food & Beverages domain.
Examples of Our Work in Food & Beverages
R&D Strategy Roadmaps
- Applications of tetra packaging in different food products
- Technology roadmap for healthy eating approaches
- Identification of alternatives for meat products
White Space Analysis
- Opportunity assessment pertaining to organic fruit snacks
- White space analysis related to baby food packaging technologies
- Market identification for liquor chocolates in the developing nations
Technology Landscape | Innovation Focus
- Research trend analysis related to natural sweeteners
- Technologies pertaining to water soluble packaging of food
- Technology identification pertaining to milk fortification
Monetizing Existing Technical Know-how
- Valuation of a patent related to natural and additive free packaged food
- Royalty rate estimation for a patent on plastic production using cheese whey
- Potential partner identification for sustainable coffee roasting process
Technology Scouting and Acquisition
- Scouting for technologies related to resistant starch production
- Solutions for thin film coating of food using natural ingredients
- Scouting for naturally occurring preservatives used for killing gram negative bacteria.
Product Design for Emerging Technologies/ Markets
- Use of emerging palate cleanser beverages in the industry
- Scouting for technologies pertaining to production of frozen juice concentrates
- Technology assessment pertaining to non thermal pasteurization of dairy products
- Novelty search related to coffee compositions used for preventing a specific disease
- Patentability study for a energy drink containing a combination of organic ingredients
- Patent drafting for technology to extend shelf life of fruit containing products
Prior Art Searches
- Clearance search in India for dark chocolate mass processing technology
- State of art search for food for treatment of dysphagia
- Invalidity search for use of a combination of specific ingredients
- Quality assessment for a patent portfolio on natural antioxidants from plant extracts
- Identification of key patents for licensing from portfolio on micro-film packaging
- Portfolio analysis of companies dealing in technologies for high pressure pasteurization
Technology/ Patent Landscape
- Patent landscape to identify use of coffee flour for making baked products
- Competitive landscape for materials used as cheese analogs
- Benchmarking of patent portfolio of 10 competitors related to energy drinks
Licensing Program Support
- Partner identification for technology related to meat analog production
- Assessment for in-licensing a patent on composition containing essential ingredients for balanced diet
- Out licensing support for portfolio related to multi-strain starter culture for vegetable fermentation
- Valuation of patent portfolio related to chitosan formulations for preventing food spoilage
- Due-diligence of IP portfolio related to natural red food colorant
- Potential partner identification for technology pertaining to liquid water enhancers in the beverage industry
Looking for help with Technology Intelligence, IP Strategy, or Litigation support?
Write to Us
Made-to-order organs could be just round the corner.Organ transplantation is one of medical science’s most complex fields. Besides issues with compatibility, viability, and t
Recently developed radio-pharmaceuticals agents could significantly improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prediction of heart disease.A relatively new diagnostic method, cardiac nuclear imaging involves the
Thousands of patients are waiting for a lifesaving transplant today. Some of these are critical cases, and mortality in those patients is high due to
On June 23, the cross-licensing deal between Cisco and BlackBerry was announced. The agreement was a no-brainer when one considered the current market position of BlackBerry,
Simon Sinek, in his TED Talk ‘How Great Leaders Inspire Action’, makes a prudent point. Interestingly, this very point makes a significant impact on R&D a
Envisaged over a hundred years ago as a steam-powered set of locomotive legs, we’ve come a long way in our quest to seriously suit-up.
We're entering a new era in molecular biology. A new tool based on a bacterial CRISPR-associated protein-9 nuclease (Cas9) from Streptococcus pyogenes will enable the
Conventional options for Cancer treatment are plagued with several issues such as poor water solubility, lack of targeting capability, non-specific distribution, systemic toxicity, and low
The use of intellectual property as collateral to obtain finance is an increasingly common phenomenon. Over the past three decades, the proportion of tangible assets
A healthcare application of IoT technologies, the concept of Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) envisions a network of connected devices that sense vital data in
Recent novel radiopharmaceuticals agents developed to target specific subcellular process are capable of significantly improving diagnostic accuracy and prognostic evaluation. The global nuclear medicine diagnostic
© 2016, Aranca. All rights reserved.
United States | United Kingdom | China | India | Dubai | KSA