Looking for the right prior art in a sea of patents is as drawn-out as it is dreary. It’s about time we tapped Big D
Communication & Network
Aranca's highly qualified team comprising individuals with specialization in digital signal processing, wireless / satellite communication and network technologies has assisted several patent managers and attorneys with novelty, landscape, invalidation, FTO and technology assessment studies across multiple jurisdictions.
Aranca's clients in the telecommunications sector include many of the worlds' leading mobile operators, cable companies, handset manufacturers, telecom equipment providers, component / material manufacturers and universities / research institutes. We have executed several patent related research assignments in the telecom sector across multiple areas such as standards (2G/3G/4G), GSM/CDMA technology, signal processing, satellite communication, network security, NFC devices, mobile applications, broadcasting towers and data processing among others.
Industrial standards analyzed.
Products and technologies covered by our analysts.
Clients including OEMs, Mobile/ TV/ IPTV service providers, and data network providers.
Significant breadth and depth of experience across the Communication & Network domain.
Terrestrial & Satellite
Examples of Our Work in Communication & Network
R&D Strategy Roadmaps
- Development trends in software defined networks and implementation feasibility
- Development trends in smart home network and implementation timelines
- Forecast modifications required in RADIUS server to implement new technologies
White Space Analysis
- Identify problems that lead to low quality of experience (QoE) in LTE/4G
- Understand the key challenges leading to unreliable radio coverage within a network
- Ascertain key challenges with Radio Resource Management in LTE network
Technology Landscape | Innovation Focus
- Identify advanced method for manufacturing optical fibre cable
- Development status of erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA)
- Identify suitable short-range communication techniques for mobile transactions POS
Monetizing Existing Technical Know-how
- Valuation of patent portfolio related to RAMAN amplification over the submarine network
- Valuation of a patent portfolio on distribution of packets in the network based on the type of packet
- Fair market value assessment for a patent portfolio related to the NFC based POS
Technology Scouting and Acquisition
- Identify technologies for the implementation of submarine repeater less network
- Potential solutions for resolving the issues related to the heating of telecom equipment
- Identify gateway solutions that are suitable for IoT implementation
Product Design for Emerging Technologies/ Markets
- Development of Line terminal that supports 400G transmission
- Develop a Radio Network Controller that supports multiple protocols
- Router enablement with wireless configuration synchronization
- Novelty search for an invention related to LWR improvement by microwave energy
- Patentability study for use of pre-distortion circuit used for 80 GHz (E-band) amplifiers
- Patent drafting for a method of removing polymer coating during splicing of optical fibre
Prior Art Searches
- FTO study related to antenna radome used for tactical communication
- FTO study for a optical fiber terminal box, in US, Europe, China and Japan
- Invalidation study of a patent on packet routing through a multiple-hop wireless communication network
- Quality assessment of a portfolio related power management in Bluetooth devices
- Patent portfolio analysis of selected companies related to network traffic and congestion management
- Identify standard essential patents assigned to key companies operating in the telecom domain
Technology/ Patent Landscape
- Patent landscape study related to browser based VoIP calling feature
- Competitive landscape study in domain of high speed packet forwarding techniques
- Competitive benchmarking of a portfolio related to the noise suppression used in mobile networks
Licensing Program Support
- In-licensing support for portfolio related to the contactless transactions using RFID and NFC for making secure payments
- Target identification for out-licensing patent portfolio related to DBS transponder
- Out licensing support for portfolio related to wireless router and set-top box of streaming of online contents
- Assisted in the strategic alliance between a industrial automation player and network component provider
- Identified company providing SIP based communication protocols for strategic alliance with the telecom service provider
- Due-diligence of IP portfolio of a company with more than 100 standard essential patents
Looking for help with Technology Intelligence, IP Strategy, or Litigation support?
Powered exoskeletons could be game-changers for plenty of fields like injury rehabilitation and disaster response. That is of course, if anyone can afford them.The
Smart home technology is becoming a very serious business. We take a hard look at the market, which, like the others, is grappling with economic
Thousands of patients are waiting for a lifesaving transplant today. Some of these are critical cases, and mortality in those patients is high due to
On June 23, the cross-licensing deal between Cisco and BlackBerry was announced. The agreement was a no-brainer when one considered the current market position of BlackBerry,
Simon Sinek, in his TED Talk ‘How Great Leaders Inspire Action’, makes a prudent point. Interestingly, this very point makes a significant impact on R&D a
Envisaged over a hundred years ago as a steam-powered set of locomotive legs, we’ve come a long way in our quest to seriously suit-up.
We're entering a new era in molecular biology. A new tool based on a bacterial CRISPR-associated protein-9 nuclease (Cas9) from Streptococcus pyogenes will enable the
Conventional options for Cancer treatment are plagued with several issues such as poor water solubility, lack of targeting capability, non-specific distribution, systemic toxicity, and low
Gene therapy involves inserting/deleting/correcting genetic material into human cells to fight or prevent diseases. It is a promising tool not only for cancer
At just 1–100 nanometres in size, Nanoparticles are the next big thing in cancer treatment. Designed to enter tissues at a molecular level, they can help t
Patents are the undisputable kingmakers in the life sciences industry. Pharmaceutical giants who enjoyed a fruitful run while their branded drugs brought in billions have
© 2016, Aranca. All rights reserved.
United States | United Kingdom | China | India | Dubai | KSA