BENGALURU: A three-year-old Singapore-based startup called nuTonomy has stolen the thunder from the likes of Google and Apple, Ford and General Motors, Uber and Lyft,
Write to Us
Aranca has executed several hundred IP research assignments in the automobile sector for global OEMs, design firms, law firms and component manufacturers spanning various technologies relating to hybrid vehicles, engines, transmission systems, exhaust systems, HVAC, safety, electronic control systems and infotainment.
The global automotive industry continues to witness intense R&D activity, whether it is for design or utility patents. Aranca can help intellectual property managers in this sector to explore and identify white spaces in a technology domain, define research strategies, protect inventions, map competitor’s patents and evaluate out-licensing opportunities.
Automotive technologies covered by our consultants.
Clients including OEMs and Tier 1/2 suppliers.
Man hours of research experience.
Significant breadth and depth of experience across the Automotive domain.
Power Train Systems
Emission Control Systems
Examples of Our Work in the Automotive Domain
R&D Strategy Roadmaps
- Future applications of E-pumps in different automotive components
- Technology roadmap for automotive tire-pressure monitoring systems
- Technology assessment of alternative materials for wheel rims
White Space Analysis
- Identification of unmet needs pertaining to existing catalysts used in exhaust systems
- White space analysis for steering knuckles used in automotive suspension systems
- Problem-solution matrix for technologies pertaining to driver assistance systems
Technology Landscape | Innovation Focus
- Research trend analysis related to seat recliners used in automotive seats
- Landscape of technologies pertaining to shift-by-wire systems
- Technology identification for direct oil gear box heating systems
Monetizing Existing Technical Know-how
- Valuation of a portfolio related to design of tires used in high speed cars
- Royalty rate estimation for licensing a patent on integrated panel of a vehicle
- Potential partner identification for shape memory alloy used in different auto-parts
Technology Scouting and Acquisition
- Scouting for weight reduction technologies for different auto-components
- Solutions for problems with traditional foaming processes used for automotive interiors
- Feasibility analysis of using low-metallic ceramic brake pads used in braking systems
Product Design for Emerging Technologies/Markets
- Use of emerging automotive active safety systems in the existing products
- Scouting for low-cost carbon-fiber production technologies used in different auto-parts
- Technology assessment pertaining to automotive start-stop systems
- Novelty search for an alloy composition used in oscillating components of a car
- Patentability study for a soft push latch used in glove boxes of an automotive
- Patent drafting for technology pertaining to capless refueling systems
Prior Art Searches
- Clearance search for a type of arrangement of cylinders within an in-line engine
- State of art search for design of weakening element used in deployment of air bags
- Invalidity search related to gear design for automatic transmission systems
- Quality assessment of a portfolio on roller bearings used in power transmission
- Identification of key patents for licensing from a portfolio related to shift-by-wire systems
- Patent portfolio analysis of companies dealing with a specific type of automotive glass
Technology/ Patent Landscape
- Patent landscape to identify various gesture recognition technologies in the automotives
- Competitive landscape for sliding bearings used in automotive engines
- Benchmarking of patent portfolio related to connecting rods
Licensing Program Support
- Partner identification for technology related to semi-automatic chassis stabilizer systems
- Royalty rate estimation for in-licensing a patent related to integrated panel of a vehicle
- Out licensing support for portfolio related to the HVAC systems delinked from the engine
- Valuation of patent portfolio related to automotive HVAC systems for M&A purpose
- Due-diligence of IP portfolio related to drive systems for purpose of M&A
- Potential partner identification for a shape memory alloy used in different auto-parts
Looking for help with Technology Intelligence, IP Strategy, or Litigation support?
Write to Us
Google and Apple have great ambitions for the space. Ford plans to get a model on the road by 2021. General Motors pumped in $500 million into
A three-year-old Singapore based startup called NuTonomy has stolen the thunder from the likes of Google and Apple, Ford and General Motors, Uber and Lyft
Testing new drugs and therapies on 3D-printed human organs in a lab could reduce the time and costs of getting a new drug to market
Made-to-order organs could be just round the corner.Organ transplantation is one of medical science’s most complex fields. Besides issues with compatibility, viability, and t
Recently developed radio-pharmaceuticals agents could significantly improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prediction of heart disease.A relatively new diagnostic method, cardiac nuclear imaging involves the
Thousands of patients are waiting for a lifesaving transplant today. Some of these are critical cases, and mortality in those patients is high due to
On June 23, the cross-licensing deal between Cisco and BlackBerry was announced. The agreement was a no-brainer when one considered the current market position of BlackBerry,
Simon Sinek, in his TED Talk ‘How Great Leaders Inspire Action’, makes a prudent point. Interestingly, this very point makes a significant impact on R&D a
Envisaged over a hundred years ago as a steam-powered set of locomotive legs, we’ve come a long way in our quest to seriously suit-up.
We're entering a new era in molecular biology. A new tool based on a bacterial CRISPR-associated protein-9 nuclease (Cas9) from Streptococcus pyogenes will enable the
Conventional options for Cancer treatment are plagued with several issues such as poor water solubility, lack of targeting capability, non-specific distribution, systemic toxicity, and low
The use of intellectual property as collateral to obtain finance is an increasingly common phenomenon. Over the past three decades, the proportion of tangible assets
A healthcare application of IoT technologies, the concept of Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) envisions a network of connected devices that sense vital data in
Recent novel radiopharmaceuticals agents developed to target specific subcellular process are capable of significantly improving diagnostic accuracy and prognostic evaluation. The global nuclear medicine diagnostic
© 2016, Aranca. All rights reserved.
United States | United Kingdom | China | India | Dubai | KSA